Thursday, August 11, 2011

Christian Talk Radio - Part 1

I learn many valuable lessons while listening to Christian Talk Radio.  Here in the Tampa Bay Area, I primarily listen to AM 570 & AM 1110 on weekdays, while at work.  As with all of the sources we encounter, we must remember God's Word:

1 John 4:1

Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.  (from BibleGateway.org).

This is very true when one is exposed to a variety of teachers.  For example, I have in the past, started listening to a teacher, then they say something that I know is not Biblically correct, so I move on.  In this entry, I would like to identify 3 of 5 teachers/ministries whom I have found that deliver Biblically sound teaching.  In addition, these teachers inspire much of my journaling and blogging.  They are:

8 am - 8:30 am    570     Pastor Danny Hodges "The Living Word". Pastor Danny is the pastor of my church home: Calvary Chapel (www.calvarystp.org).  Calvary Chapels (found in Florida & California that I know of) teach through the entire Bible, verse-by-verse, on an ongoing basis.  Like his teaching, Pastor Danny is down to earth, very practical and teaches from the word in a refreshing way and adeptly applies the teaching to life today.

8:30 am - 9:15 am     570    Dr. David Jeremiah (www.davidjeremiah.org) is a wholesome, old school-type teacher.  Yet he too teaches from the Bible in a modern way and on many relevant topics.

9:15 am - 9:30 am     570     Pastor Stephen Rummage of Bell Shoals Baptist Church.  His program is called “Moving Forward”.  Pastor Rummage has a wonderful sense of humor and delivers part of his message in that manner. Bell Shoals is located in Brandon, which is not too far from here…perhaps I'll visit there someday!

I know that God is equipping competent brothers and sisters worldwide.  So if there are certain teachers whose teachings aid you in this life’s journey, please feel free to leave their name and information.

If you can't listen to these teachers through these stations, check them out online. :)

You'll be blessed by them!

Part 2 - up next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment