Monday, August 22, 2011

Just one of those days…

Have you ever have one of those mornings? When the day just starts off weird(ly) and you can recognize that you are under some sort of attack?  Well I recently experienced just that! It was no picnic, let me tell you!  The day before the morning of weirdness, I heard a message taught on “the renewal of one’s mind” (Romans 12:2).  To me, the weird morning was exactly the right time to (with the help of the Holy Spirit) begin putting the principles I am learning into practice.  

To “renew my mind” on this particular day, meant that I needed to reject the negative attitude, the one I could feel forming (in my mind/heart) as my day began to slide downhill.  This was made possible by asking for the Lord’s help (prayer). My emotions were still down, but after praying, my mind knew better. Soon, my feelings caught up with that knowledge.  Our feelings and emotions have a definite purpose, but don’t be controlled by them, instead, control feelings and emotions with the knowledge of the Truth.

Later on the same day, when I became able view the situation objectively, it was revealed to me that I had been habitually putting up mental defense mechanisms whenever things went or go awry.  Normally, I’d be upset almost all day, after such a strange day’s beginning, but I now know that in such cases, the Holy Spirit intervenes for me (Romans 8:27).  In the midst of this, I also remembered times when things have happened and I knew my baby girl would become upset and during such times, I have prayed for her.  This parent-child intervention is a picture of how the Holy Spirit intercedes for us. We know it's true! Jesus Christ is seated at the right hand of the Father interceding for us (Hebrews 7:25)…now THAT’S love!

So Dear Reader, don’t give up! Instead, decide this day to, *Renew Your Mind*. Commit to thinking & reacting differently from (the flesh) the way you normally do.

Be Blessed!

2 comments:

  1. This was a good one. I weny through this very same thing. My morning didnt start well on my was to work. But I prayed that the lord protect me and my feelings also to make me strong so that I can deal with the problems of the days peacefuly. I didnt want the negativity of the morning to devour my peacefulness and joy for the rest of that day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, you did the right thing...the sooner you pray about it, the better!~Angie

    ReplyDelete