Monday, September 26, 2011

Temporary vs. Eternal

I was listening to the story of Lazarus (Luke 16:19-31) the poor man who died and went to Heaven, while the rich man went to hell.  (The rich man did not go to hell because he was rich, but because while living, he rejected Christ’s offer of salvation. When he died, it was too late.)  One pastor has said this story is true and not a parable because names are used, whereas in contrast, if Jesus says “a certain man” or such, then that is a parable.  Anyway, the point I want to make is that no matter how bad I (we) feel on a particular day, it is rare that it is "only dogs to lick one's sores" bad.  He only had the dogs to lick his sores and the visual I get helps me to know-- THAT is bad off! There are times when we suffer, but we must remind ourselves that Lazarus eventually received an eternal reward that more than made up for his situation on earth.  Final thought: My pastor (Danny – Calvary Chapel / St. Pete) is fond of saying: “We are not humans having a spiritual experience but spiritual beings having a human experience.” Our spiritual experience in the presence of God will last forever! Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment